Middle Android Software Engineer
About the client
Pluto TV is a free online television service broadcasting over 75 live channels full of the TV shows, movies and Internet videos, all on one dial. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Los Angeles, California. TechHive, a home technology review site, referred to Pluto TV as the best cord-cutting application. Pluto TV runs as an app on AppleTV, Android TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, and PlayStation. The company currently has around 75 content partners. The company also as of October 2016 has around 5 million monthly active users up from 500,000 in early 2015. Pluto TV generates revenue from video advertisements between programming, and has a goal to continue to stay as free television.
Pluto TV is led by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, TV and technology executives, and top-of-class team members. $43M+ funding with investors like US Venture Partners, Sky, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, United Talent Agency and Pritzker Group.Top app with millions of users across platforms like web, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more. One of the hottest startups in Los Angeles and one of the leading video platforms in the industry -often covered in NY Times, Forbes, Techcrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN, Mashable and more! High energy culture. Passionate entrepreneurial team. Massive market. Employing the best of the best in the industry. We are building the future of television.
Our team is led by some of the best entrepreneurs and executives in media and technology. Our Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify. Our co-founder and CEO was the CEO of Threadless and a board member of Trunk Club and Smule. Our principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix. You will be joining a world-class startup team, with multiple exits under their belt, to build the future of television. Our team solves business and technology problems. We run many experiments. We iterate on successful tests and turn them into products. We deploy those products across our apps to millions of users. We obsess over data. We run a lean, agile, vegan, non-GMO, all-organic development process. Our team is aligned with company goals and KPIs. We have autonomy on how to solve problems. We bring out the entrepreneur in every engineer. We work together to build the future of TV.
What's in for you
- 20 days per year for your recreation and health
- Long term and stable projects
- Strong experts you can collaborate with and learn from
- Smooth and respectful interviews
Your primary focus, as an Android Developer, will be on developing and decision-making. You also will communicate with the rest of the team (US and Ukraine) working on creating the new functionality and maintaining the existing one. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and quality products is important. Detailed list of responsibilities:
- Discuss business and technical/architectural solutions
- Build new features together with the client according to business requirements
- Build infrastructure for the new project from scratch, and implement changes to the existing projects
- Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs
- Communicate with the customer.
We are looking for an engineer with strong computer science fundamentals, who can quickly pick up new technologies, and who has a true passion for working on a fast-growing, consumer-facing product, that reaches millions of users. We do not want engineers who just write great code, we want engineers who own and stand behind what they build. We will not tell you how to solve the problem, we will give you clear goals and objectives, and you will work with our team to test, iterate, architect, build, and deploy solutions that directly impact our KPIs. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, eager to disrupt a massive market, and is not just looking for another job. Required:
- Good understanding of the Android platform
- Solid Java programming skills
- Experience with a version control system (Git)
- Understanding of common principles and modern trends in Android development
- Confident knowledge of development patterns
- Experience mentoring other engineers at junior levels
- Familiarity with both Backend and Frontend development
- Development experience for mobile phones, tablets, Android TVs, Chromecast, etc.
- Understanding and ability to implement data structures
- Basic awareness of advanced data structures
Please let Brightgrove know you found this position on RemoteARG, this helps us get more companies to post here and grow our community.