Sr Backend Engineer
Responsibilities and qualifications
We want to highlight that not everybody has all the skills that match a job description. None of us did! We value diverse experiences and while having the desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. Every qualified applicant will be considered within the employment process. We strive for a diverse, inclusive workplace environment.
- Build new API services that support the product vision.
- Support the architecture design and implementation for the medium/long term vision.
- Evaluate and integrate new providers working with third-party APIs and partners.
- Proactively working with product, UX, GTM teams.
- Proactively suggest improvements on the internal services based on data that positively impact our customers and business.
- Help teammates by mentoring, guiding, and positively influencing them.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth.
- Solid experience working with highly scalable large distributed systems, relational and/or document databases, data pipeline systems, and frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services.
- Very deep knowledge in at least one backend programming language in which one can be called an expert (Golang, Java, Python, Net).
- Very well versed on what makes a good REST API.
- Experience designing, building and supporting critical user-facing systems.
- Excellent experience writing automated tests on any level (unit, integration, e2e, chaos, etc).
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. Work with your team towards common goals.
- A healthy ability to handle and resolve conflict - have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively.
- Knowledge of processes and engineering best practices in all phases of the software development process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - confident in writing down and presenting their designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment. Strong customer advocate and creative problem solver.
Please let Web started know you found this position on RemoteARG, this helps us get more companies to post here and grow our community.