Senior Fullstack Engineer
Our client is developing a career platform that emphasizes data openness, quantitative evaluation, and self-improvement for employees and recruiters. The platform utilizes a data augmentation and analytics layer to visualize an individual's "human capital" with a comprehensible score. Users' scores quantify their work experience and education and are further enhanced by proprietary data signals to provide a holistic ranking of professionals in the same role. The company has raised $26M to date and has a remote global engineering team of 7. They value fast iteration, transparency, and seek high-energy individuals with a bias for action. The tech stack includes Node.js with the Nest.js framework for the backend API, React with Next.js for the frontend, and Python on AWS for data processing.
What's in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from experienced engineers who constantly challenge the status quo and innovate.
- Enjoy flexible working hours, with control over your schedule apart from daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Work remotely from anywhere, providing the freedom to choose your preferred work environment.
- Engage in challenging problem-solving, innovation, and make a positive impact on people's lives while enjoying your work.
- Minimum of 7 years of full-time hands-on software engineering experience.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent proficiency in spoken and written English, enabling real-time conversations.
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time hands-on Backend experience with Node.js or similar technologies like Python/Django, PHP/Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Java/Spring, .NET, Go, Elixir.
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time hands-on React.js experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time hands-on Typescript experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time hands-on PostgreSQL experience.
- Experience building scalable, consumer-grade APIs.
- Previous experience working in a team larger than 2 people.
- Collaborative mindset with a focus on iterative problem-solving.
- Experience building complex, data-driven solutions.
- Experience as a tech lead or demonstrated high ownership ability.
- Experience working in startups.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with automated testing.
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time hands-on experience with Nest.js.
- Experience with frontend testing packages like Cypress and Enzyme.
- Experience with TDD and/or integration testing at the API level.
- GraphQL experience.
- Elastic Search experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
Please let Right balance know you found this position on RemoteARG, this helps us get more companies to post here and grow our community.