Power BI Engineer, Reporting System
Our client is one of the world’s largest exchange-traded fund providers who constantly looks for ways to keep his partners at the forefront of ETFs. They offer insights on ETFs and regulation, and Their capital markets team works with investors to trade products more effectively. They constantly refine ETF investing to help their clients reach new opportunities.
The client is modernizing the overall IT infrastructure, aiming to improve data quality and user experience. As part of this initiative, they are transitioning from various country-specific systems to a unified reporting solution using Power BI. The primary objective is to migrate and optimize existing Cognos reports into Power BI dashboards. Communication and collaboration skills across varying time zones are important for this role, as our project stakeholders and team members are spread mostly across the USA.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a strong background in Business Intelligence (BI) with a focus on Power BI development. You will collaborate closely with the Reporting team, utilizing data from a Snowflake database (pre-prepared dataset).
- Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years (Senior) or 2-3 years (Regular) of hands-on Power BI development experience
- End-to-End Development: Proven ability to handle the entire Power BI development lifecycle, from requirement gathering to report deployment
- Requirements Gathering: Proficiency in collecting and translating business requirements into effective reporting applications
- Communication: Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with Reporting team members
- SQL: Professional experience in T-SQL/SQL for data retrieval and manipulation
- Problem Solving: Aptitude for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to Power BI
- Proactiveness: A proactive approach to problem-solving and project execution
- Language Skills: Proficient in spoken English
Nice to have
- Git Knowledge: Understanding of git branching, pushing, and pulling code to and from git repositories
- Certifications: Microsoft Power BI certifications
- Database Familiarity: Familiarity with the Snowflake database or similar data platforms
- Cognos Experience: Previous experience working with Cognos
Please let DataArt know you found this position on RemoteARG, this helps us get more companies to post here and grow our community.