Senior Backend Engineer
Our client is developing a career platform that focuses on data openness, quantitative evaluation, and self-improvement for employees and recruiters. The platform utilizes a data augmentation and analytics layer to visualize an individual's "human capital" with a single, comprehensible score. The goal is to provide a holistic ranking of professionals in the same role, helping users understand how they compare without the need for individual resumes or LinkedIn profiles. The company has raised $26M and has a global engineering team of 7. They emphasize fast iteration and transparency, seeking high-energy individuals who take action. The backend API is built with Node.js using the Nest.js framework, and the frontend is React-based with Next.js. It's a greenfield project without any legacy code.
What's in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from experienced engineers who challenge the status quo and innovate.
- Enjoy flexible working hours, with control over your own schedule apart from daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Work remotely from anywhere, allowing you to choose your preferred work environment.
- Tackle challenging problems, innovate, and make a positive impact on people's lives while enjoying the work.
- Minimum of 7 years of full-time hands-on software engineering experience.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent proficiency in spoken and written English, enabling real-time conversations.
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time hands-on backend experience with Node.js or similar technologies like Python/Django, PHP/Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Java/Spring, .NET, Go, Elixir.
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time hands-on experience with Typescript.
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time hands-on experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience building scalable, consumer-grade APIs.
- Previous experience working in a team larger than 2 people.
- Collaborative mindset with a focus on iterative problem-solving.
- Real microservices experience (separate DBs, queues, pub/sub, etc.).
- Caching experience.
- Experience building complex, data-driven solutions.
- Experience as a tech lead or demonstrated high ownership ability.
- Experience working in startups.
Nice to Haves
- Automated testing experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time hands-on experience with Nest.js.
- Experience with TDD and/or integration testing at the API level.
- GraphQL experience.
- Elastic Search experience.
Please let Right balance know you found this position on RemoteARG, this helps us get more companies to post here and grow our community.