Senior Backend API Engineer
Our client is a fast-paced, high-growth startup revolutionizing a $30-billion industry through an all-in-one platform. With a focus on digitizing commercial contractors' operations, they leverage cutting-edge technology to create efficient, data-driven businesses. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for building the product from the ground up. This hands-on role offers broad day-to-day responsibilities and opportunities to ship software.
What's in it for you
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest technology tools in a rapidly growing company.
- Learn from experienced engineers who constantly challenge the status quo and innovate.
- Enjoy flexible hours, with control over your own schedule apart from daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Work remotely from anywhere, whether it's your home, a co-working space, a beachside RV, or as a digital nomad.
- Solve challenging problems, innovate, and make a positive impact on people's lives while enjoying the journey.
- Minimum of 7 years of full-time hands-on experience as a Backend API Engineer.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Node.js backend.
- Experience with background workers.
- Experience working with queues (e.g., SQS) and messaging systems (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Proficiency in unit testing.
- Experience working in startup environments.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent proficiency in spoken and written English, enabling real-time conversations.
- Strong proactive communication skills.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with React.js.
- Knowledge of code complexity and Big O notation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
Please let Right balance know you found this position on RemoteARG, this helps us get more companies to post here and grow our community.