Senior Lead Devops Engineer
We're looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business. We have multiple iOS and Android apps, web applications, as well as the backend API for testing.
The co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
Our client has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
Our engineering team is distributed across Los Angeles, Toronto, and Latin America. As a pioneering member of the team, your primary focus will be to help continue to build the product from the ground up. We are looking for a motivated, self-starter who can work in a distributed team environment. This is a hands-on role. The day-to-day responsibilities are broad, and you will ultimately be responsible for shipping software.
Our infrastructure runs on AWS, IAC is managed with Terraform. Local developer setup is managed with Docker. Backend is in Node.js, frontend is in React.js and React Native. Solve interesting challenges in a rapid growth environment. We have greenfield development of new product modules using the latest tools and frameworks. Come join us, it’ll be fun!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Learn and evolve your skills using the latest and greatest technology tools in a rapidly growing company
- Learn from the best engineers. We constantly challenge the status quo and invent new ways of building a great product.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule
- 100% remote. Work anywhere, whether it is remotely in the comfort of your home, in a shared co-working space, in an RV on the beach, or while being a nomad in another country.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, impacting lots of people's lives for the better while having fun doing it.
- 7+ years of full-time hands-on Backend API experience.
- 7+ years of full-time hands-on DevOps experience.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English. Able to have a real-time conversation.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-on Terraform experience.
- 5+ years of full-time hands-on AWS experience.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working with startups.
- Strong proactive communication skills.
- Ability to accomplish things without much guidence or supervision.
- Ability to gather requirements proactively from a cross functional distributed team.
- Experience training engineers to use new infrastructure and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated ability.
Please let ConexionHR know you found this position on RemoteARG, this helps us get more companies to post here and grow our community.